Poway Commercial Site
Owners of a two-acre commercial site in Poway, Calif., wanted to reduce high water bills and restore plant health.
The company hired Blue Watchdog Conservation, Inc., of Cardiff, Calif., to renovate its existing 10-year old irrigation system with real-time flow sensors and implement a water-management system in conjunction with the site’s landscape maintenance company. Water use is tracked monthly for reporting to the client.
- The owner saved $7,116 on water bills in 2012.
- Water use was 91 percent below its historical average in December 2012.
- The site showed a 41 percent average water savings over a one-year period compared to historical use.
- Three leaks were detected and fixed immediately during a one-year period.
- The project yielded a return on investment in 13 months.